Gender Neutral/Non-Binary Parent Titles
LGBTQ+ parents and intended parents can often struggle when it comes to deciding on the names that their children will address them by. Whether it's a two mom family struggling to decide on which mom will go by which name, a two dad family deciding on who'll be Papa and who'll be Daddy, or even more challenging - deciding on a name as a non-binary parent.
There are many names that exist for a mom - Mama, Mommy, Mom and Mam to name a few. The same goes for a dad - Dada, Daddy, Papa, Pops and so on. But what about the non-binary parents? What names exist for them? Well, we're going to tell you!
We've put together a list of 26 gender neutral titles that non-binary parents could go by.
If anyone would like to suggest any others, we'd be more than happy to add to the list!
- based on 'Mama/Dada/Papa'.
Also means dad in some languages and grandmother in others.
- 'dada' and 'mama' intertwined.
- 'mama' and 'dada' intertwined.
- 'mom' and 'daddy' intertwined.
- Hawaiian for 'parent'.
- 'Mama' and 'Papa' intertwined.
- Māori (Eastern Polynesian) for 'parent'.
- 'mommy' and 'daddy' intertwined.
Moppa / Mopa
- 'Mommy' and 'Papa' intertwined.
Nari / Nary
- taken from 'non-bi(nary)'.
- taken from 'non-binary'.
- taken from the N in 'non-binary'.
- taken from the term '(no)n-(bi)nary'.
(Pronounced as no-bee not nob-ee!)
- 'non-binary' and 'daddy' intertwined.
- 'non-binary' and 'mommy' intertwined.
(Can be pronounced as nom-ie or no-me.)
- taken from '(non)-b(i)nary'.
Also the name of a plant. (Pronounced non-ee.)
- taken from '(no)n-binary (pa)rent'.
- taken from '(no)n-bina(ry)'.
- Yoruba (African) for 'parent'.
Can also mean 'heart' when translated.
- abbreviation of 'other parent'.
- 'papa' and 'mama' intertwined.
- Catalan for 'parent'.
- 'papa' and 'mom' intertwined.
Zari / Zary
- 'Ze/Zir' pronouns and 'non-bin(ary)' intertwined.
- a mashup of 'mama/dada/papa' and the gender neutral pronouns 'Ze/Zir'.
- taken from the gender neutral pronouns 'Ze/Zir'.
Please get in touch with us if you have any other ideas, we'd love to hear them. You can contact us via Instagram or email - email@example.com.
We hope that this list will be beneficial to at least one person out there!
Same Sex Parents x
March 22, 2019